Somizi tour moved
THE Dance and Fitness Boot Camp Lesotho which was supposed to be graced by South African radio and TV personality, Somizi Mhlongo and was scheduled for this Saturday at Lesotho High School, has been postponed indefinitely, organisers have said.
The postponement is yet another blemish on the reputation of Entertainment outfit Braykthru Media. The organisers of the company are also linked with Cube Events, the company which earlier this year also postponed the tour of Nigerian star Tekno.
Tekno had been scheduled to perform in the country in March this year but the show was again postponed indefinitely.
“We have decided to postpone the event to a much later date for three reasons,” Braykthru Media wrote on their Facebook page.
“One of the reasons is that a majority of more than 500 people who confirmed attendance that they preferred that another date be set for the event.
“We also got an influx of fitness and aerobics groups from the districts who demonstrated that they wish they had more time to prepare themselves. So, we saw an opportunity for a bigger event.
“The schools also showed interest for the participation of their and that they wished it be held during the school calendar and for the event, that presented another opportunity to expand its reach.”
The post said the requests presented them with an opportunity to “rework” their plan.
“So for these reasons, we saw it befitting to rework the plan. We are currently working on a new date with Somizi’s team as well as our local stakeholders due to their busy schedule. To this effect we will be able to hold the press conference at the appropriate time with all relevant information communicated to the media as well as the public in advance.”
Not so long ago Cube Events were also part of the group of promoters who promised to host South African award-winning gospel star, Lebo Sekgobela’s album launch in Maseru on 25 September this year. However, they went all silent after the press briefing in which they announced her scheduled tour and the Lion of Judah hit-maker neither came to the country nor explained her failure.
Braykthru Media chief executive officer, Benedict Mokhatla, told the Weekender that he could not yet disclose the date set for the Fitness Boot Camp.
He said his team had already picked a date but they would not disclose it until they were ready.
Mokhatla distanced himself from the history of ‘false promises saying the events were organised by Cube Events, a company which he said he is no longer part of.
“We had disagreements with my partners in Cube Events and I am no longer part of them,” Mokhatla said.
He added that the Fitness Boot Camp was organised by a different company and should not be associated with Cube Events.