Man kills self after girlfriend cheats

MAFETENG — A 32-year-old Mafeteng man shot himself to death after he found his 23-year-old girlfriend in bed with another man last Saturday.

Police spokesman Masupha Masupha said the man had visited his girlfriend in Matholeng village when he found her with another man.

The identity of the deceased was not disclosed as his next of kin were still to be informed.

“The man ran away when the boyfriend walked into the house,” Masupha said.

“He then went outside and pulled his girlfriend back into the house and shot himself before her,” he said.

The girlfriend was not harmed during the incident, Masupha said.

The police said they were still investigating the case.

In a related case, a 34-year old Roma man was shot to death last week for allegedly having an affair with someone’s wife.

The police said a 36-year-old man went to a supermarket where the deceased worked and accused him of having an affair with his wife.

The two however argued over the matter resulting in one of the men pulling his gun and shot his rival.

The suspect was arrested on the scene and is expected to face a charge of murder.

In Maseru, two men aged 24 and 25 were sjamboked to death by angry villagers in Berea Ha Bale last week.

The two, who were facing charges of armed robbery, had been released from police custody due to lack of evidence.

“The magistrate released the two men because there was no evidence to prove that they were guilty,” Masupha said.

“When the two men arrived at the village in Ha Bale angry villagers attacked the two men.”

The two men were beaten with sticks and sjamboks until both died.

Meanwhile, the police said they are investigating a case of theft at the Catholic Radio Station in Maseru.

At least M14 000 was stolen from a cabinet at the radio station on June 28.

Masupha said the incident was reported at Pitso Ground police post.

“It was reported that there had been a break in at the Catholic Radio station and the robber took M14 000 that was kept in the cabinet,” Masupha said.

“The person went straight to a cabinet where the money was hidden, broke it and took the money,” Setho Bereng, a marketing manager at the radio station said.

Comments are closed.