Counter Force fails to attend hearing

MASERU — Radio personality DJ Counter Force yesterday failed to show up in court for the second time in less than a week, forcing the postponement of his attempted murder case.

A new date will be set today.

Counter Force, real name Liteboho Nkuebe, is being charged with attempted murder after he allegedly shoot and injured Mohlominyane Lelia, 19, in November last year.

The incident happened after the accused had found Lelia and his stepdaughter at his in-laws’ house in Lithabaneng.

Counter Force who has been out on bail since then failed to attend remand hearing last Friday and the case was postponed to yesterday.

He also failed to show up.

However, no warrant has been issued for the DJ’s arrest for contempt of court.

Mohlominyane’s father, Tšepo Lelia, said it was annoying that the court had failed to take action against the accused.

“This is not good at all. Counter Force has not obeyed the court’s orders and he is not arrested. As it is the court might not know if he has fled or not,” he said in an interview with the Lesotho Times

Counter Force told the Lesotho Times he was unaware that he was supposed to appear in court yesterday.

Comments are closed.