Anxious wait for Lebata
…as Bantu striker undergoes operation in South Africa
Bantu striker, Tsebang Lebata, has paid tribute to club management and supporters who forked out M80 000 for an operation on his troublesome knee.
The operation was carried out at the Universitas Private Hospital in Bloemfontein, South Africa, on Friday last week and what the football fraternity can only do now is wait to see if it was a success.
However, Lebata (24) says should he be fully fit once again, he would sign a long-term contract with A Matšo Matebele as a way of repaying the club.
The 2013/14 premier league top goal-scorer did not feature for Bantu the entire 2014/15 season due to the injury he suffered in April last year.
“I have no words to describe how grateful I’m to Bantu for the support and the way the management and supporters went all out to save my football career,” Lebata said.
“Football has been everything to me—my passion and career—and it was very painful when I was told that I would never play again unless I went for this operation.”
Lebata, who is also a student at the National University of Lesotho, said the last twelve months had been “very painful” as he had to watch the game from the terraces.
“It is a bit painful now and still use crutches to get around, but the important thing is I had the operation and should everything go according to what the doctors have said, I will be back on the field once again.
“The doctors told me that the knee was seriously damaged and it’s going to take over six months to heal.”
To show his gratitude to Bantu, the talented forward said he would commit his long-term future to the Mafeteng-based giants.
“I will forever be grateful to the president, Ntate Leuta and his executive, as well as the supporters, for showing me so much love and giving me a chance to play again. I’m out of contract at the moment but will renew it without hesitation should I be asked to do so,” he said.
Bantu president, Leuta John Leuta, on Tuesday told the Lesotho Times: “As a club, we are very happy that the player has finally undergone the operation.
“The medical team which operated on him told us that it had been a very serious injury and I was there to support the boy for the entire four hours of the operation.
“I’m just glad that it is over now and hopefully, he will be back playing the game once again. He is very young and has a lot to contribute to our club.”